Our church praying for 40 days for our Take It to the Streets Ministry. Each day will have a scripture reading, a list things to pray for and I will write a quick devotional thought from the day’s passage. The schedule is not original with us but is built off of YouVersion’s Bible App.
– Matthew 5:13-16
This is an announcement by Jesus to His followers…
You ARE the salt of the earth
You ARE the light of the world
The question is ARE you showing that to the world or ARE you hiding… your faith in and relationship with – Jesus?
Even if you live in such away that your saltiness does nothing you ARE still the salt of the earth… you’ve just chosen to be ineffective with that gift.
If you live in such away that you keep your light from shining… you’ve just chosen to be ineffective with that gift
( BTW- you have to hide it because you can’t get rid of who you ARE) ….
But if you open your heart to God and let Him use you and place you where He needs you to be… you will shine brightly and flavor your environment with God’s grace and love.
So today lets pray for each other that we would live as people who live in such away that we change the environment we live in for the better by our presence and shine brightly so people can find their way to the cross.
simply put – pray that you and I will be who we ARE.
– Pray that you will show your “saltiness” to your neighbors. That the way you live your life will become attractive to them for the sake of the gospel. That you will have an impact for Jesus in your neighborhood.
– Ask God to show you if you are truly being who you ARE in Him.
– Ask God to show our church what we should do in the future for our community to bring the gospel to them.
– Pray for Take 5.2 – as we prepare to give the gospel to our community this Christmas Season
– Pray for Take 13 – our Traveling Trunk or Treat that we will be able to make positive contacts in our community and see people not only come to our church as a result of that connection but also see many come to know Jesus as their Savior.